As a 2-in-1 tool, the Shark S4701D is able to transform into a handheld cleaner when not in use as an upright steam mop. The question is, does it fulfill these purposes well? This Shark S4701D review aims to give you some answers, including some pros and cons.
As a steam mop, this product was developed to tackle “sealed hard floors.” As a handheld cleaner, it comes with an array of attachments that you can use for above-floor surfaces such as your countertops.
What to Expect from the Shark S4701D
Here are the top features and specs of the Shark 2-in-1 Blast and Scrub Steam Pocket Mop.
Blast and Scrub Technology
This feature allows you to deal with stuck-on messes by releasing high-pressure steam that quickly breaks down dirt that a normal steam mop can’t. As advertised, this technology transforms the S4701D into a powerful scrubber. In a way, it’s similar to the Shark Genius S5003D‘s Steam Blaster feature.
Handheld Steam Cleaner
This is where the 2-in-1 functionality comes in. After cleaning your floor, you can choose from among the attachments included to deal with above-floor messes. When you unbox your package, you should see the following accessories: triangle cleaning head and pad, above-floor accessory hose / direct steam nozzle, scrub blast above-floor accessory, scrub blast pad, EZ reach above-floor accessory and pocket pad, and easy fill water flask.
Dual Sided Pads
Not really unique, but these pads can be used both sides, thereby maximizing your cleaning process. Can you buy replacement pads separately? Yes, check them out here.
3 Steam Settings
Choose from among three settings to customize your cleaning process.
VIDEO: Closer Look at the Shark S4701D
Watch this video to have a closer look at the parts and attachments of the Shark S4701D. Also in the video is
Shark S4701D Review – Pros and Cons
To complete this Shark S4701D review, we’ve read all feedback and comments posted on a popular online retailer. Here’s a summarized report of what we found out about the product.
– It’s easy to use.
– It doesn’t stand on its own. If you need to stop for a while, you’ll have to lean it against the wall. Otherwise, it will fall over.
– At 9.7 pounds, this product should be lightweight. Yet, as a few consumers have noted, you may feel that this steam mop is heavier than expected.
– Some of the surfaces that the Shark S4701D works on, as reported by consumers, include: laminate and ceramic tile.
– It gets into small areas and corners.
– The general consensus is that this steam mop is perfect for light to medium jobs. Some users report that it doesn’t really clean the tough floor grime.
– It may feel like this doesn’t product a huge amount of steam.
Other Shark Steam Pocket Mops
|Shark S2902||Shark S3601D||Shark S5003D|